I did a guest blog for the wonderful ladies at fairandfunky this week as part of a blog swap, and thought I would share it with you too, as it is a good rainy day activity if you have Small people and need to preserve some semblance of sanity for the rest of the holidays…
fairandfunky have the most wonderful mission statement: empowering people to take little steps to change the world.
And as part of this they run all kinds of brilliants workshops using Fairtrade packaging.
So, this is a Make Do and Mend Jigsaw, made from a cereal box, and it is easy peasy lemon squeezy
This is what you need:
- A picture of your choice-I downloaded one of a spaceman (BigSmall expressed a wish for a ‘Space’ theme over the Summer) from this site here, but there are loads of printable colouring sheets available to download-try Activity Village, OR get your Small to draw one themself
- Pens and pencils to colour in said picture
- Pritt-Stick or similar
- An old cereal box
This is what you do:
- Get your Small to colour in the picture as neatly or otherwise as they can/will
- Glue the picture to a suitably sized piece of cardboard from your cereal picture, making sure it is well stuck down all over (especially the edges)
- Cut the mounted picture into as many pieces as you want-depending on the age of your Small, they can do this them self, or you can do it…
I tried to make the shapes kind of jigsaw shaped (ish)
- Jumble it all up
- Watch your Small delightedly do the jigsaw three times in a row, before being dragged away to wash hands for tea!